Canvas

Canvas - A platform to discuss human emotions through various art form basically poem, paintings, photography and a stage for discussing sphere of art...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Amrita Preetam




This article is dedicated to one of the eminent poetess Amrita preetam, who died recently.An amazing person with an excellent poetic talent. She hailed from Punjabi background but her poetic creations were well received in Hindi -Literary belt. Her sensuous poems got popularity all over the world.She bagged National Awards like Sahitya Academy, Gyanpeeth, Padambhushan, Padamvibhushan and several others prestigious honour.

Here goes English Version of one of her poem, with a very deep meaning.This poem was written in her sickbed for her partner, the painter Imroz

I WLL MEET YOU YET AGAIN
========================

I will meet you yet again
How and where
I know not
Perhaps I will become a
figment of your imagination
and maybe spreading myself
in a mysterious line
on your canvas
I will keep gazing at you.

Perhaps I will become a ray
of sunshine to be
embraced by your colours
I will paint myself on your canvas
I know not how and where —
but I will meet you for sure.

Maybe I will turn into a spring
and rub foaming
drops of water on your body
and rest my coolness on
your burning chest
I know nothing
but that this life
will walk along with me.

When the body perishes
all perishes
but the threads of memory
are woven of enduring atoms
I will pick these particles
weave the threads
and I will meet you yet again.

==============================

This is another flower of her garden,the Hindi version of A her Punjabi Nazam:

Ishq ne puchha bata ri jindgi
Vaqt kaise gujarta raha.
Vah kahne lagi-
Tere sapno ke haathon ko
Mehandi lagaati rahi.
Ishq jinki jati hoti hai,
Ve kanto ki sej par soti hain,
Umar ke is kagaj par
Tere ishaq ne anguntha laga diya
Iska hisab kaun chukayega'.

=============================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home